Restaurants Up Here in Hills:
– Grizzlies Den (formerly Triangle Café)
Turn right onto Triangle Rd. Proceed about 3 miles past Lush Meadows. It is part of Triangle Market/Gas. Closes at 8pm.
– Steve’s Sportsmens Grill
Over on Hiway 49. Good taste of local cowboy culture. 7am to 8:30pm.
– June Bug Café (better known as The Bug)
At the Youth Hostel in MidPines (on Hiway 140 towards Yosemite). Excellent daily specials with home grown ingredients.
– Chester’s Fried Chicken
In Bootjack minimarket – part of gas station (Corner Darrah and 49)
Take out only. Best fried chicken in California.
- Savoury’s Excellent Fine Dining ($$$)
- Charles St Diner Good Dining ($$)
- 1850 Good Dining ($$)
- Miner’s Inn Good motel diner ($)
- Pizza Factory Good Pizza and Salad ($)
- Castillo’s Good Mexican (but small) ($$)
- Gold Coin Good bar. OK food. ($)
- Sugar Pine Café. Every town has to have a greasy diner ($)
- Shortstop Sandwiches. In town opposite post office. Great.
- Subway The international chain
- Burger King Only fast food franchise
- Happy Burger. When all else fails
- Number of good restaurants and a big cafeteria in Yosemite Park itself.
- Full grocery store in town: Pioneer Market (down behind Burger King)
- Note: This is a country town. Plus a lot of people get up early to go to Yosemite Park. So it shuts down early. After 9pm, only food choices are Burger King and Gold Coin. Expect all places to close by 8:30pm up in hills.
- For details, see www.madeinmariposa.com/shop-and-dine/