Restaurants Up Here in Hills:
– Granny’s Grub (formerly Grizzlies Den- formerly Triangle Café)
Turn right onto Triangle Rd. Proceed about 3 miles past Lush Meadows. It is part of Triangle Market/Gas. Closes at 8pm.
Over on Hiway 49. Good taste of local cowboy culture. 7am to 8:30pm.
– June Bug Café (better known as The Bug)
At the Youth Hostel in MidPines (on Hiway 140 towards Yosemite). Excellent daily specials with home grown ingredients.
– Chester’s Fried Chicken
In Bootjack minimarket – part of gas station (Corner Darrah and 49)
Take out only. Best fried chicken in California.
- Savoury’s Excellent Fine Dining ($$$)
- Charles St Diner Good Dining ($$)
- 1850 Good Dining ($$)
- Miner’s Inn Good motel diner ($)
- Don Reuben’s Mexican ($)
- Pizza Factory Good Pizza and Salad ($)
- Castillo’s Good Mexican (but small) ($$)
- Little Ramen Noodle Shop ($)
- Sugar Pine Café. Every town has to have a greasy diner ($)
- Casto’s Italian (Small) $$
- The hideaway – great variety in small dimly lit bar under old downtown hotel
- Subway The international chain
- Burger King Only fast food franchise
- Airport Inn – Burgers and Beer – opposite airport ($)
- Happy Burger. When all else fails
- Number of good restaurants and a big cafeteria in Yosemite Park itself.
- Full grocery store in town: Pioneer Market (down behind Burger King)
- Note: This is a country town. Plus a lot of people get up early to go to Yosemite Park. So it shuts down early. After 9pm, only food choices are Burger King and Gold Coin. Expect all places to close by 8:30pm up in hills.
- For details, see www.madeinmariposa.com/shop-and-dine/
- Tunnel View Cafe (down side street from Pizza Factory)
- Sticks (In River Rock Inn – 7th street)
- Moonbow Express (next to Visitor’s Center at 4 way stop)
- Pony Espresso (on Hiway 49 close to 4 way stop with Hiway 140)